Flood Rehabilitation Project
A flood rehabilitation project to support vulnerable communities in villages of district Sanghar, Mirpur Khas and Umerkot . This is a community lead process, where the project support creates a partnership with communities
The community partners
- Desert and Rural Development Organization
- Roshan Samaj Development Organization
- Mehran Education Health Welfare Association
The project support is divided in to two components:
- Physical infrastructural development
- Creating a platform of networking and interactions
Some other major problems that communities face in rural areas
- Drinking Water: Women travel long distance to fetch water.
- Toilets: Lack of toilets is a major problem particularly for women’s health hygiene, privacy and security.
- Electricity: Most of villages has no access to electricity, it gets dark in evening and wood is only source of light.
- Health issues: Malnutrition, malaria, dengue and diarrhea are common health issues. No medical facilities available nearby.